Tuesday, March 14, 2017

10 years ago...


Psalm 40:2-3 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

Today is a very special day for me. 10 years ago on March 14, 2007, my life changed. And I don't mean just a little thing...my entire world was overturned and put back together again. It was the day that I let go of all my stupid, selfish pride, and asked God to save my soul. And He did!!! You can read the whole story in more detail here. Today I would like to take a moment to thank The Lord for all the incredible things He has done in my life since that day. 


  • He gave me an eternal home in Heaven. It is 100% assured to me that when I die, there is a place for me in His Kingdom. (1 John 5:13) What a promise! 
  • He made me His child. (Gal. 4:5) Even if I lost everything and everyone that is dear to me tomorrow, I would never be alone. I have a Father in heaven that loves me more than anyone on this earth ever could!
  • He has continually grown me since that day in 2007. Though I am so, so far from perfect, and I still make mistakes day after day...I can look back over the path of these 10 years and see how each and every trial and triumph has worked out for His glory in my life. I would not be who I am today without those things that He has brought me through!
  • He has never forsaken me. Though there have been times that He has seemed far away due to my own sin and foolish choices, He has never left me. He is always there to pick me up when I fall, to forgive my sin, to guide me when I face tough decisions, and to chasten me when I stray from Him. 
  • He has showered me with SO many material blessings. From my family to a warm house to live in, to clothes on my back, a church home, money in my bank account, and food on my table...He has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve!!!
I don't know where I would be if I hadn't made the choice to follow Christ starting 10 years ago. I frankly don't even like to think about it--life without God's saving grace would not be a life at all! My entire outlook on everything; finances, friends, relationships...everything is seen through different glasses. I am no longer a ship without an anchor. I am under the hand of the Captain who spoke the wind and seas into existence. I'm not wandering lost in the wilderness; I am safe in the fold of The Great Shepherd. I'm no longer fighting on the losing side, in bondage to sin. I joined the army of the King of Kings, who gave His own life to set me free. I have a new name, a new family, a new song of praise to Him. I am a new creature. So while today marks an anniversary, I don't ever want to stop praising my God for His love for me, any day of the year. I want to keep growing in my love and service to Him so that whether I live another 10 years or another 100 years, I can stand before The Lord and hear Him say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Enter thou into the joy of thy Lord!"
Mykaela

5 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord, Mykaela. Every day I remember the moment when I was washed by the blood of the Lamb. It still amazes me that God would love and care for a sinner like me. I will continue to thank and praise His name for all my days. Thank you for sharing with us this special post. May God use you greatly this year and show you how Great and Powerful He is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, Shawn!! God's love is impossible for us to fully (or even partially) comprehend with mere human understanding, let alone put into feeble words! Thank you for your kind comment. We are praying for you and your family as you grow spiritually and continue to serve The King faithfully. Be strong in The Lord, and in the power of His might!

      Delete
  2. Oh,Mykaela,this post was so beautiful! Happy anniversary,or "birthday",if you will,into the family of God. Isn't it precious to be a child of the King? He is so good to us!! :) Your words commemorating this occasion were lovely,and I'm very glad that you shared them! I'd comment on every single sentence, but I'm trying to cure myself out of the habit of leaving page-long comments on every single blog post. ;) But I loved it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny! <3 I like to call it my "born-again birthday". :) I think there is a Patch the Pirate song with that title, which must be where I got the term from. God is so good to save us, as foolish and sinful as we are!! And don't try to "cure yourself"--because you aren't sick. ;P There is nothing wrong with leaving long comments!!! :D I personally love it. So if you want to leave a long one, go right ahead. ;) (No obligation to, of course, but don't feel bad about doing it. :) You are so sweet!

      Delete
  3. :) Well,I actually don't have time to write much of a comment right now.. (Jacob and I are going to help our neighbors clean up their maple syrup operation soon,and I have tons of homework to catch up on! ;) but you'd better watch out,because I might just leave a two-page long comment on your next post! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure your comments are respectful and edifying to all involved! :) Comments are moderated, so if you do not see yours immediately, please wait just a bit for it to be posted. Thank you!