Sunday, March 5, 2017

Fun Post: February Favorites


Happy March, everyone!
This year is flying by already. Funny story about the month of March...my little brother Kebron was talking a while back about how his friend Elliot's birthday is in "stomp". It took us forever to figure out that stomp and march had blended in his then-5-year-old mind to mean the same thing. January, February, Stomp, April...sounds right! ;P Anyway, here are some February favorites! I've been:

Reading...
Pearl in the Sand, by Tessa Afshar. This is obviously a re-read for me, it's one of my favorite books. ;) I think this is my 3rd time reading it since a couple years ago when I first discovered it. 

The Silent Songbird, by Melanie Dickerson. I wouldn't really recommend this one...I don't know. While not being bad per se, it was quite a shallow/unprofitable book. This has been my impression of Melanie Dickerson across the board pretty much, unfortunately. :/ I read one or two of her books in the past, and kind of forgot what my overall thoughts were, so I had hoped this one was better...meh. Not really. Interesting, but a fluff read, if you know what I mean. ;)

Improving...
My racquetball skills. I mentioned in last month's favorites post that I had been playing a lot; still doing that. I am slowly, slowly seeing improvement, which is encouraging. Sort of. ;P It's still not happening quite as fast as I would like it to, but I'm trying. :'D I'm really hooked on the game. :)

Visiting...
My friend Jenny in Stehekin! It was super fun to finally be able to take the trek up there. It is only available by plane or a two hour boat ride, part of the reason I didn't go sooner. ;P I had a really good time exploring and hiking around with Jenny, as well as postholing. :D In case you don't know what that means, (I didn't till I went), it's when there is a ton of snow (there's over 5 feet in Stehekin still right now), and there is a crust on top. You can walk on top of the crust, sometimes. When it breaks and you sink in up to your hip, that's postholing. Haha!! It's quite...interesting. You can see some pictures of the area here. It's SOOO gorgeous!!

Looking forward to...
Our family vacation to Sunriver, Oregon in April. It's going to be incredibly fun and special. (I know because this is our 5th or 6th time going since my childhood and it always is. ;) The only bummer is that my next brother down, Micah, can't come because of work. :'(

Thankful for...
Our "new" family car!! It's a 1999 actually, but it's new to us. ;) And because it's Mercedes-Benz, it has TONS of really cool features that lots of newer cars don't even have! It was such a blessing the way God worked it out for us to get it. We had been praying about getting a vehicle for many months, and it finally worked out perfectly! God is good. <3 Also thanking Him for tax returns, Godly friends, adventures and late night talks, and homemade ice cream with from-scratch hot fudge sauce. Yum. :D

Watching...
Sense and Sensibility. So so sweet. :)

Smelling...
Spring in the air!! For the first time in 3 solid months, we actually are seeing bare ground instead of white. I really enjoy the snow, but once it gets all gray and filthy from passing cars, hard and icy, etc...it does get a little bit less appealing. ;) So I'm not protesting the approach of warmer weather. I can't wait to start climbing my mountain again!! Saddlerock is calling me... :)

What are some of your favorites from this month?? Any special plans for spring break? Have a great week, everyone! :) Love,
Mykaela

2 comments:

  1. As usual,I love this post! Fun posts are wonderful!I'm so very thankful for you coming up to visit! That was such fun,exploring and postholing in the snow! I took Mandy for a walk today and the dumb dog pulled me over to the area under the trees,where the snow is the softest. She was hunting for squirrels, and she didn't seem to care that I was postholing almost every step. The snow wasn't quite up to my hip,but I did have quite a bit of snow in my boots when I finally got back to the yurt. :)

    Alright,so I tried to resist asking this question, but I can't help it. I must know... What version of Sense and Sensibility did you watch? :P

    Well,my favorites this months were birthday parties,spending time with family,God's peace in my heart,and your visit up here. Those are just the basics,there are a multitude of others,like mint bars ;) ,but I'm trying to be sensible now that I'm 18 years old. (Yeah, right! ;) And my special plans for spring break are to spend more time with my family as we celebrate my grandpa's influence in our lives at his memorial service, and to possibly visit Seattle's bookstores with my sister,sister in law,and baby niece! :) I'm looking forward to those things!

    Hope everyone has a blessed March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was a blast!! It was especially blasty (blastish?) when I squirted silly string everywhere. Ooops. ;P

      I watched the 2008 version this time around. ;) I am totally used to the old one (1995, I think), but the casting on this version is superb!!! As long as you skip the opening scene. :/ But other than that I really love both versions. And I actually like Marianne better in the 2008 version as well. :)

      Mint bars are certainly something to be thankful for! ;D Haha, but really I think one of the most important things you mentioned was God's peace...that is such a precious thing to hold onto, isn't it?? He is so good to us. You will have to keep me posted on if your travel plans work out! Seattle bookstores sound super fun. :)

      Thank you for your lovely comment, as always!! <3

      Delete

Please make sure your comments are respectful and edifying to all involved! :) Comments are moderated, so if you do not see yours immediately, please wait just a bit for it to be posted. Thank you!