Monday, July 10, 2017

Shattered


John 6:37 "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."


~~~~~~~~~~
I pass them on the street each day,
I see them as I work.
Shattered, torn up people, trying to hide their hurt.
They turn their brimming eyes away,
So none can see the pain
That attacks like ravenous beasts that show
No mercy to their prey.
Some will drown their sorrows
In addictions of all sorts,
While others simply will deny
The despair that haunts their hearts.
Oh why can't we foolish humans see,
Our hearts were made to love!
Why cannot we lift our eyes to God Who dwells above?
He wants to bring us healing and peace,
Far greater than we know. 
And yet He will not force us--
The choice is ours alone. 
Yet who indeed would choose to live
A shattered, torn up life?
When deliverance is promised when we turn from sin and strife?
Oh, Broken One, He's waiting with open arms for you!
He gave His very life to save and give you a way through.
Just ask Him, weary soul, and He will grant you life anew.

6 comments:

  1. Did you write this, Mykaela? So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you decided to post this! :) I still love it.. ;) So often I get caught up in my own quiet, busy little world and forget that the person I'm serving pie to might be shattered, struggling to hold on. Truly, everyone does have a story, yet we frequently get so engrossed in our own lives that we neglect those around us. Thanks for posting this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Jenny! I once heard a message on the definition of being "sober" as in "be sober and vigilant". He put it as realizing that there is a bigger picture than you are part of. We have to realize that yes, right now something is happening, but there is a bigger picture that this is part of! Right now, I may be talking to that person, but what if I am the last person they ever talk to in this world? Wow, what a sobering thought!! Thank you for your comment! <3

      Delete
    2. A bigger picture THAT you are a part of, not "than". ;P

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! That IS a sobering thought... Whenever I say something unkind to someone (generally its one of my siblings :\) I think back on it and wonder if that could be the last thing they ever hear from my lips. Or the last words I'll ever be able to say to them! What if their most prevalent memory of me is the one where I'm getting angry at them for ruining my coffee cake? It blows my mind, and I must constantly remind myself that God has not promised me a long life, or even tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure your comments are respectful and edifying to all involved! :) Comments are moderated, so if you do not see yours immediately, please wait just a bit for it to be posted. Thank you!