Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday Snippets: New Eyes


John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

So...I don't even know where to start. We've been having a conference at our church, and I promise you I am going to do a post, and possibly a series of posts, on the subjects we've talked about. But right now I can't because my mind has been blown. I've lost count of how many times. I wouldn't be able to formulate a coherent post at all!

I feel like about 1,000 lightbulbs have turned on, my eyes have been opened, and I've seen God's Word in an entirely new perspective. I am not even sure how to articulate, or put into words exactly what God's been doing in my life, but I'll tell you it's amazing. Brother Johnny Nixon and Joshua Agan from Born That Way ministries have been preaching the conference, as well as staying with us...they have been SUCH a huge blessing!!! Just how huge, they may never know! We've all stayed up into the wee hours every night talking, and I have loved every minute of it. 

Today, all I can do is praise God for how He has worked in my life lately, and to encourage you in one thing:

I've been a child of God for over 9 years, and within a few days I have seen things in God's Word that I have read probably hundreds of times and never truly understood. I know The Bible fairly well! Or at least I thought I did. Which is the problem. I think sometimes we get so comfortable with our knowledge level, almost an "I have arrived" attitude, that we miss out on brilliant, beautiful, vital truths that God is wanting us to see from His Word! If for once we would just look at God's Word with open hearts and minds, and a DESIRE to hear new things from Him, we would learn so. much. This week as you read God's Word, try to look at it afresh. Think about the words and phrases, and how God placed them. Nothing is in The Bible on accident!! Not one single word. Ask Him for new eyes to see with. :)
Mykaela

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth WilliamsAugust 1, 2016 at 9:20 AM

    I'm so glad to hear all that you are learning! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure your comments are respectful and edifying to all involved! :) Comments are moderated, so if you do not see yours immediately, please wait just a bit for it to be posted. Thank you!