Monday, July 25, 2016

Sunday Snippets: Count Your Many Blessings!


Psalm 103:1-2 "Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:"

I'm sure pretty much all of you have heard the song this post is named after: "Count your many blessings, name them one by one! Count your blessings, see what God hath done!" and so on. :) It's a wonderful song, and an even more wonderful thing to do. So today I'm simply going to thank The Lord for a few of the many thousands upon thousands of things He has done for me. I would highly encourage you to make your own list...it is a great exercise in gratitude! :) I feel like I do a lot of posts on praising and thanking God, but what better or more glorifying thing can we do than that?? What is more pleasing to God than to hear His children speaking of His excellent greatness? I don't do it enough, I don't think anyone really does. But today I am going to try.

Thank you, Lord, for my salvation first of all. Thank you for your grace and mercy in saving a wretch like me. Thank you for my loving, kind parents who have trained me up in Your Word, as well as seven younger siblings to love and strive to be an example to. For a church family that supports us as we do Your work in Eastern Washington. Thank you for the new church plant we are seeing established here, and the sweet spirit of those attending. Thank you for giving me a voice to speak and opportunity to be a witness for You. Thank you for the way you are growing and changing me through every circumstance you bring into my life. For my incredible circle of friends, and how diverse and special each one is.

Thank you for the lovely sunshine and blue skies, and for the bright moon and stars that show your handiwork. Thank you for the birds that sing during the daylight hours, and the insects that praise you in the night. Thank you for the beauty and majesty of your creation, even in it's fallen state from our sin. For the fact that the sun rises and sets every day, the stars stay in their courses, and the seasons continue their endless steady cycles through your command. 

Thank you for the gifts you've given me. For the gift of music, that I can use to glorify you and encourage others. Thank you for my job, and the many relationships I've been able to form through it. For a home that is warm in the winter, and cool in the summer, with furniture and light and water and electricity.

Thank you for all the simple pleasures I can enjoy every single day. For delicious foods of all cultures and flavors, for coffee and ice cream and peanut butter. :) For mangoes and apples, and grapes from our backyard, and boysenberries that hang over our fence, and for the beautiful tall trees that give lovely shade. Thank you for my hammock, and cozy sweaters, and trips with friends, and good books, and my blue piano, and singing in the car. Thank you for giving me the opportunities that I've had to travel and minister to people in different areas of the world.

Thank you most of all for your precious Word. For preserving it down through the ages of history, keeping it from the hundreds of people who have tried to annihilate both it and it's followers. Thank you for revealing Yourself and Your will to us through it. And for making a way that we can spend eternity with you, even though we deserve to be forever in hell. Thank you for your compassion and love to us. Thank you.

Thank You, Lord.

Mykaela

6 comments:

  1. I don't get tired of seeing posts like these, because I seem to always need the reminder! lol It's easy to get caught up in our struggles and forget all of the ways God has blessed us! Oh, and I need to hear the story of this blue piano lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the blue piano story goes like this: before we bout this house 4 months ago, there had been THREE full-price offers on it that fell through. It was like The Lord was just saving this house for us until we could get it. In the basement there had been 20 years' worth of junk that they hauled out in trailers. The first time we came to see the house, there it was. In a dank corner of the old unused basement sat a blue painted piano that was to big and heavy to haul away. It was like a sign!! ;D I was thrilled, and would you believe it sounded great, even after who knows how many years of unuse?? The three developers that wanted the house would have chopped it apart to haul it out of there. :O GASP!!! But no, God got us this huge house, and with it was included "the old garbage piano"...that sounds perfectly fine and is in good shape. :D

      Delete
    2. *bought the house, and it was *too big. Thank you for the enthusiasm, autocorrect. :'D

      Delete
    3. Elizabeth WilliamsJuly 25, 2016 at 4:07 PM

      Haha, that's an awesome story! I would have been so excited to find that in there! I'm surprised it was in such good condition!

      Delete
  2. Okay. I almost cried reading this. Don't ask why. It's just so beautiful, I guess. I might be plagiarizing this post idea. ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Kimberly!! <3 That makes me so happy. :') Plagiarize away, my friend! :D

      Delete

Please make sure your comments are respectful and edifying to all involved! :) Comments are moderated, so if you do not see yours immediately, please wait just a bit for it to be posted. Thank you!