Saturday, February 4, 2017

What Does God Think of Us?


Psalm 103:12-14 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

I wish I had some good, clever, or valid excuse as to why I haven't posted anything in the last two weeks, but all I can say is two words. Writer's block. You thought that was just for novelists or people who write all day every day? Yeah, well, it's not. ;P I've had it for a little while now, so bear with me. :)

I was reading these verses the other night, and thinking about them in a new way. As far as the east is from the west...how far exactly is that? Well, as my littlest brothers are very fond of saying: "It's infinity far!!" You can go east for ever and ever, without ever coming to a point where you are going west, and vice versa! That's a pretty long way. And that's how far He removed our sins from us when we came to Him through Christ for salvation! They can never be retrieved. We can never again be blamed for them because they are under the blood of Christ.

A lot of people have a completely twisted idea of God. They have this thinking that God is some kind of dictator sitting in heaven just waiting anxiously for us to mess up, so He can punish us for our sin. Nothing in this world could be farther from the truth! For those of us who are saved, we are the children of God. You are His child. If you are striving with all your heart to walk in His ways, living in the fear of The Lord, and trusting Him to guide you into the path of truth, God is not just waiting to blast you into a cinder!! He pities, supports, loves, and upholds you. He knows the weakness of your flesh, the struggles you face, the temptations that at times seem overwhelming...because he went through all of that too. Hebrews 2:18 says, "For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted." What an encouraging thing to realize--that God knows what we're going through!

Please note: With this being said, I am not in any way downplaying the justice or holiness of God. Yes, God loves and pities us, but He is also perfect in righteousness and does not take sin lightly. Neither should we. Just wanted to make that clear.

In all the many distractions swirling through our lives, please let's not lose sight of the fact that God wants to have sweet fellowship with us. Would you go entire weeks or months, (or even days!), without ever communicating in any way with your very best friend? Think about that. No texts, no calls, no sending them a fun pin or post you found. Nothing. For most of us, that sounds terrible, because we love our friends and family, and want to communicate and spend time with them! So why should it be ANY different with the One who saved us from spiritual death, promised us life eternal with Him, carries us safely through each day, showers us with constant, moment-by-moment blessings...the list goes on! How can we "not have time" for God?! Let's just step back a bit more, and walk with Him. Go to a quiet place alone, and sit down with your Bible and a notebook, and just be still. No phone, no distractions, just communication with The Lord. (Aren't you glad you can talk to Him instantaneously, no technology needed? ;) I guarantee you that no moment spent at The Saviour's feet will be wasted. Have a wonderful weekend! Love,
Mykaela

7 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful reminder!! Thank you for sharing it, and I'm honestly glad I'm not the only one who has these thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words, Sarah! You are most definitely not the only one. :) <3

      Delete
  2. Mykaela, you have no idea how much your post encouraged me when I read it this morning!! It was very,very helpful. I'd say more now,but I need to spend a little more time with my Best Friend, who knows EXACTLY what I'm going through right now! :) How amazing is it,that "we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are,yet without sin"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Jenny, I am so glad to hear that it was an encouragement to you!! And no need to say more...I am just thrilled to know that you were blessed. :) He is the Friend that sticks closer than a brother!! :) Love you,
      Mykaela

      Delete
    2. Also one funny thing about this post...I had written half of it several days ago, and sat down to finish it last night. Right before I started writing again, I had taken some medicine that was quite strong and made me SUPER drowsy, so as I was finishing up and reviewing the post, I was literally falling asleep in my chair. So when I got up this morning, I checked it over with a bit of dread, thinking I may have said something really loopy...thankfully I think it turned out ok. ;P

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I just love to think about the thought that I am a child of God. It's just an amazing thought when you *really* think about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Elizabeth! I love to think of it like a beautiful adoption story. He's adopted me, grafted me into His family, and there's nothing required of me to meet Him halfway, but to only just renew my mind to think of myself the same way He now sees me, and act like it. It's acceptance-based performance, instead of the dreadful performance-based acceptance, and it's just so amazing and such a blessing! Praise God! He is so infinitely good!!

      Delete

Please make sure your comments are respectful and edifying to all involved! :) Comments are moderated, so if you do not see yours immediately, please wait just a bit for it to be posted. Thank you!