Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday Snippets: Could They Condemn Me?



John 5:36 "But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me."

In this verse, Jesus is speaking to a pack of jealous, self-righteous countrymen who wanted to trip him up in his actions, and ultimately kill him! He sets an example throughout the New Testament of dealing with situations like this with incredible wisdom and discretion. What He says here caught my eye...He basically says that there is no way they can accuse Him of wrong, because His works are a witness to His perfect life! Now, we all know that perfect holiness is not attainable for us in this life; however, that is what we are to strive towards on a daily basis. Does my life disprove any accusations of wrongdoing? Do I live so purely that when others are around me, they can tell that my life belongs to The Lord? Sobering thought! Let's think about something even more sobering on the flip side: Pretend for a moment that we live in a country where being a Christian is illegal. One day, a mob breaks down your door and brings you to trial. Would there be enough evidence to convict you of being a follower of Christ? Would there be ANYONE that could come to the judge and say, "She's definitely a Christian...I can tell just from how she lives her life!" Wow! I have to say, that is a convicting thought, at least for me. This week, I want to live a life that boldly declares my allegiance. A life where others can see immediately that I am His, and He is mine! Will you join me?

Mykaela


P.S. Just for the record books, I am NOT advocating the popular philosophy running around today, "lifestyle evangelism". The Bible says that faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by The Word of God...we are to be TELLING others about our faith, not simply 'living a good life' and hoping that one day they will magically decide to bring up spiritual things, at which point we might or might not witness to them. This is entirely unscriptural. So, yeah...just wanted to make that clear. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure your comments are respectful and edifying to all involved! :) Comments are moderated, so if you do not see yours immediately, please wait just a bit for it to be posted. Thank you!