Friday, January 1, 2016

My First Post!

Hello to All!
As we begin a brand new year, I thought it fitting to take on something almost entirely new to me: starting a blog from scratch. I’ve always had writing sort of hardwired into me, (I’ve kept a journal regularly for over 11 years), but didn’t consciously recognize that fact until recently. I’m looking forward to the experience of writing a *hopefully* regular blog! :) The purpose of this blog is mainly going to be just to share some of my thoughts and musings on portions of Scripture, things I’ve noticed during my devotions, etc., as well as things in general that have encouraged and lifted me up. My prayer is that my writing will be used of The Lord to encourage other young people who are striving to live by God’s Word—you aren’t alone! I am totally flawed and imperfect, just as everyone else, but I am so thankful that God can use “cracked vessels” for His glory! :)

A little about myself for those of you who don’t know me…
I am 19 years old, and live in the beautiful state of Washington. I have 7 younger siblings, 5 brothers and 2 sisters. My dad is an evangelist/church planter sent out as a team along with another man and his family from our amazing sending church in Oak Harbor, WA. (bbcoakharbor.org) I am a Christian by faith, and a Baptist by conviction. I believe that God’s Word (the King James Bible for those who speak English) is the complete authority for our lives and is absolute truth in and of itself…every word! (2 Timothy 3:16-17) All Scripture quotes given on this site will be from the KJV. :)

I love to make music, on the piano, violin, and with my voice. I enjoy writing songs of praise to The Lord. Playing games with family, baking, reading, dark chocolate, dark coffee, traveling, Irish style music, thrift store shopping, bacon, going out with friends, staying up late, British period dramas, classic movies, fancy dresses, and all things peppermint are just a few of the things that make me super happy. :D I am employed at the public library in my town, which has given me a lot of opportunities to share my faith with different people that I may never have met otherwise.  One of my very favorite Bible passages is Psalm 18:2 where it says,
“The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.”

I really hope that through this blog, I can be a source of encouragement, and hopefully a Godly example to those reading it. I am looking forward to launching this new project, and meeting new people through it! Feel free to leave comments on anything and everything…just please remember to keep things respectful and kind! :) God bless each and every one of you throughout this next year!


Mykaela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure your comments are respectful and edifying to all involved! :) Comments are moderated, so if you do not see yours immediately, please wait just a bit for it to be posted. Thank you!