Monday, April 23, 2018

Fun Post: A Day in the Life Tag


I am alive. I shall not attempt to apologize for my absence of nearly fifty-six days. In the time since I posted last, a lot has happened, including but not limited to, an absolutely incredible three week road trip out to Missouri with my entire family (minus one), a new job completely different than anything I've done before (in foodservice, no less ;P), and, most importantly to me at least, the continuance of a very special relationship. ;) Yes, as some of you may not be aware of, I am courting. And it's amazing. ;) But I shall valiantly refrain from going on about it, because once I start I don't know if I could stop, which I'm sure no one would enjoy too much. ;D Haha! I will simply say that God's leading and direction in this has been precious to see, and I am so excited to see how He continues to work! And also that Luke is an incredible guy. :)

Today I'm going to do a post I was tagged for by Grace over at Grace Notes! She tagged me forever ago, and I took the pictures for this post fairly soon after she did so, but never took the time to sit down and get them all together. :) The idea is to take 10 pictures of a normal day. Since my work is not full time, all of these things don't happen every day, but these are the activities I typically spend time at. :) Hope you enjoy! 

If I'm going to be at home for a while before work, or if I have the day off, I will start the day with coffee in one of my many, many favorite mugs. ;P For me, coffee is not fuel that I guzzle, (since caffeine doesn't do much for me energy wise). It's more of a treat that I enjoy sipping on. Also I'm really picky about it. ;P I pretty much only drink espresso type drinks. Strong, sweet and creamy. ;) 

Hand lettering is definitely a huge part of my everyday life. I started lettering around 3 years ago, but kind of fell out of it for a while. Now I'm more into it than ever, and spend much of my free time doing that. It's so relaxing and satisfying, somehow! :)

I work at Costco for the sample company, CDS. I enjoy a lot of aspects of the job, though it does have its downsides, for sure. One thing I enjoy is being able to answer people's questions about where things are located (which I'm not technically required to know, since I don't work FOR Costco, just AT Costco.) Still, it's fun to me to try to memorize where everything is so I can answer questions. ;) Also, I've grown a lot better at cooking very quickly and in a small space. Sometimes now in my own kitchen I find myself using like a 3 foot square of countertop to cook on. ;D One other fun thing about the job is people watching. You wouldn't believe the types of things you notice when you are yourself a fairly unobserved and unnoticed person standing off to the side. ;)

This is an odd pic, I know, but I spend a pretty decent percentage of my free time each day on either this app or Facetime. ;) No particular reason. Not like I'm talking to anyone special or anything. Ahem. ;)

It's a rare day indeed when I don't spend at least some time playing piano. Music is so special to me and one of my favorite things to invest time in. :)

Hanging out with my crazy family is also special to me. Being the oldest of 8 kids comes with its own fun adventures and challenges. It's awesome though. ;) 

In case you needed a demonstration of the last statement I made, here is a picture of Kourage giving Miriam a "ride". Also known as dragging her around the house as she latches onto his ankle. Not weird at all. ;)

Cooking for a large family is also its own type of interesting. We have one recipe that we make on a regular basis that has 18 eggs in it. Another one takes nearly 12 cups of flour total. Yeah, we go through a lot of baking ingredients. Heh.

I enjoy taking pictures with my phone, and usually end up taking at least a couple of them every day. I'm certainly not anything like a professional photographer, but I like playing around with it. :) Editing is fun, too. I usually do that with two different apps: Afterlight 2 (It costs around $3...totally worth it), and Snapseed. (Free!) 

This playlist on Spotify is one that I fall asleep to every night. I typically don't go to bed until well after midnight, unfortunately. ;P I'm at my most creative at night, for sure...so that's when I do a lot of my hand lettering, writing, and other creative endeavors.

Well, there you have it! 10 photos of some of my most common activities. :) I would like to tag Sarah over at Dreams in Alaska. Sorry, I'm supposed to tag more people, but I don't follow that many blogs! :'D If you would like to do this, consider yourself officially tagged. ;) I hope you guys enjoyed this glimpse into my life! I hope to be more faithful in posting things on here, but I know better than to promise anything. Life happens. :) Thank you all for your understanding!! (Looking at you, Jenny! ;) Hope you all have a lovely week.
Mykaela

13 comments:

  1. Ahhh Mykaela it's so good to see you around here again! ;) I've so missed your posts. A couple days ago I almost commented on your last post to beg you to come back. xD
    Ooh, I didn't know you were in a courtship! How special. May God bless yours and Luke's relationship!
    Your hand-lettering is amazing! Just seeing that one piece of lettering art was enough to inspire me to get lettering again today!
    What is with creativity coming at night?? xD I'm the exact same way! I write most of my blog posts in bed late at night. That's also when I usually write songs (the rare times I practice songwriting) and journal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, again...I apologize for my very long absence!! ;) I hope to be back on here much more regularly than I have been, but we shall see. :) Thank you so much! It has been such a precious thing to watch God working this out, though I feel like rather a jerk for abandoning the ranks of the single, where I have resided for so long! ;D Haha! So glad I'm not the only one with creativity blasting in at night...ahem. It happens to be 11:30 at the moment, and I just finished writing a Sunday School lesson, answering an important email, and now answering sweet comments on the blog! ;D Thanks again for the tag! :)

      Delete
  2. You have come back to life, Mykaela!! :) Welcome back. I got so excited when I saw the new post in my inbox! It's not quite as good as a personal visit, but it's definitely a good consolation prize. And, if it makes you feel better, my week was pretty crazy even without your visit. So all is forgiven. If you aren't able to come before I leave, I hope I might be able to stop by on my way to Stehekin at least! :D

    At any rate, it was lovely to hear from you. I know your life is extremely busy, but it's also extremely special, so keep plugging away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IIIII have come BAAAAACK TO LIIIIFE!! Ha! Thanks for the welcome back. ;) I'm so glad it brightened your day! I really hope that we can get together sometime very soon. I am keeping a close eye on my work schedule and when I could possibly work it out! :) Love and miss you, dear! <3 :)

      Delete
    2. She has come BACK TO LIFE. Sorry I just had to say it again.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha, Oh Mykaela, I'll do it. Maybe in better time than it took me to do my last post. I love these glimpses into your life and I'm so excited for all the events going on around you!! Apparently I need to talk to people more. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you Sarah! I feel so bad about not answering your lovely letters...please know I appreciate them so much! I am so bad about correspondence and keeping in touch with the friends in my life *regularly*. So sorry! I have not forgotten you! :) I can't wait to see your post! <3

      Delete
    2. No need to apologize. I send them so infrequently because I'm just as horrible about keeping in touch. Heeheehee, I just like sending stuff to people who appreciate it.
      <3

      Delete
  4. You know we're going to want to hear more about you and Luke eventually though! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well...perhaps at some point I will do a post about how we met and our relationship. ;) I just didn't want to be one of *those people* that can't talk about ANYTHING besides this thing that's filling their days. ;P (With which I can sympathize...I could go on for a very long time about him! ;D) Anyways, maybe soon I'll do that and satisfy your curiosities. ;D

      Delete
  5. I was a bit busy last week and and didn't see this post until today, but I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure your comments are respectful and edifying to all involved! :) Comments are moderated, so if you do not see yours immediately, please wait just a bit for it to be posted. Thank you!